Happy π Day everyone! We got some very exciting news today out of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, the release of the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ which has a good number of improvements over the current Raspberry Pi 3 B. Including:
- A 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
- Dual-band 802.11ac wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2
- Faster Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0)
- Power-over-Ethernet support (with separate PoE HAT)
- Improved PXE network and USB mass-storage booting
- Improved thermal management
I for one and very excited and cant wait to get my hands on one. Anyone have one yet? Let me know in the comments below.
I am passionate about the IoT and connected devices. Using connectivity to automate our lives will empower civilization to achieve greatness.