In our latest video segment we are tackling installing the all newEcobee Switch+. During the installation it is recomeneded that you have to following tools available:
- Klein Tools 32558 Ratcheting Multi-Bit Screwdriver/Nut Driver
- Klein Tools D213-9NE High Leverage Side Cutting Pliers, 9-Inch
- Klein Tools NCVT-4IR Non-Contact Voltage Tester with Infrared Thermometer
If you are not comfortable working with electrical wiring then you should not attempt to install the Ecobee Switch+ on your own and should hire a professional to do it for you.
The Installation process is pretty straight forward as far as connected switches go and looks something like this:
- Remove the Existing Switch from the wall
- Identify the wires connected to the switch
- Turn power off to the circuit
- Disconnect the wires from the existing switch (Line, Load and Ground)
- Connect the wires to the (Line, Load, Groud and Neutral)
- Ensure your connections are good and tight
- Carefully fold excess wire into the back of the wall box
- Mount the Ecobee Switch+
- Install the Wall Plate
- Turn power back on
- Test your installation
Installation of the Ecobee Switch+ is much like the installation of any connected switch which requires a Neutral Connection. Remember a Neutral connection is not required for a dumb switch and not all switch locations will have a Neutral Wire and if you have any questions you should consult a professional.
Anyone else have the Ecobee Switch+ installed? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
I am passionate about the IoT and connected devices. Using connectivity to automate our lives will empower civilization to achieve greatness.